What zztat is not
zztat - we do not use:
- No java - zztat is written fully in SQL and PL/SQL
- No huge memory-and CPU hogging "intelligent agents"
- No additional data dictionary components - a vanilla database will do just fine
- The one exception is XDB which has become a mandatory component in 12.1 anyway. This is required if zztat is to send emails (which is an Oracle limitation).
- If you prefer, you can configure XDB only on the zztat repository and it will then send out notifications on behalf of the monitored targets.
- No outside-database code - it's all Oracle.
- No dbms_job - it's all in the Oracle scheduler
- with a bit of zztat's own magic thrown in
- No blindfolds - everything zztat does is instrumented and logged