zztat offers the following flags to customize the behavior of various framework components:
|DISABLE||Metrics||This disables the entity and prevents it from running.|
|REPO_ONLY||Gauges||Flags the entity as repository-only. It can not run on a target database.|
|TARGET_ONLY||Gauges||Flags the entity as target-only. It can not run on the repository.|
|REPLICATE_ONLY||Metrics||Creates a replicate-only metric. For more details, see here.|
|REP_READ_ONLY||Metrics||Instructs the replicate process to not delete the staging table after replication.|
|ON_DEMAND||Metrics||Creates an on-demand metric. For more details, see here.|
These metrics fire when any of the following conditions are detected:
- During a new zztat installation
- After zztat patch installation
- After an Oracle version change
|AUTOSYNC||Metrics||Creates an auto-sync metric. For mode details, see here.|
|SYNC_REACT||Metrics||For auto-sync metrics, waits for the reactions to complete before allowing replicate to fire. Use when reactions require access to the snapshot data.|
|TRUNC_ON_SNAP||Metrics||Instructs the SNAPSHOT process to empty the staging table prior to populating it with the metric snapshot data.|
|SNAP_TWICE||Metrics||Instructs the SNAPSHOT process to take two consecutive snapshots, one second apart.|
|LOGICAL_AND||Gauges||Switches the gauge column to use the logical AND operator when combining multiple columns instead of the default logical OR.|
|IS_DEFAULT||Reactions||Flags a reaction as the default reaction, which will be used when the reaction specified in the gauge fails, or is disabled.|
|SKIP_FAILED||Reaction Chains||Instructs the reaction chain to skip any reactions that failed and continue with the remaining reactions in the chain.|
- You can specify flags when creating a metric, gauge or reaction, in the respective procedures in zz$manage: metric_add, gauge_add and reaction_add (and reaction_chain_add).
- You can use the procedures metric_set_flag, metric_reset_flag to add or remove flags from a metric after it's been created.
- You can use the procedures gauge_set_flag, gauge_reset_flag to add or remove flags from a gauge after it's been created.
- You can use the procedures reaction_set_flag, reaction_reset_flag to add or remove flags from a reaction or reaction_chain after it's been created.
Note that zztat automatically deploys any changes to jobs that result from your flag change. It may take up to 10 seconds for the change to become effective on the repository, and up to two minutes for the change to propagate to the target databases. Alternatively, you can manually trigger a metadata refresh on the targets using the provided procedures in zz$manage.